|Early African-American Literature|
| 1 2 3 4 5
|CHESNUTT, Charles W.
1) THE CONJURE WOMAN. Houghton, Mifflin. First edition,first issue,brown cloth,229pp. 1899 ￥ 38,000
2) THE WIFE OF HIS YOUTH. Houghton, Mifflin. Illus.by C.O.De Land. First edition,first issue,pink cloth,323pp. 1899 ￥ 30,000
3) THE HOUSE BEHIND THE CEDARS. Houghton, Mifflin. First edition,first issue,green cloth,294pp. 1900 ￥ 18,000
4) THE MARROW OF TRADITION. Houghton, Mifflin. First edition,first issue,yellow cloth,327pp. 1901 ￥ 18,000
5) THE COLONEL'S DREAM. Doubleday, Page. First edition,first issue,red cloth,294pp. 1905 ￥ 8,000
|COOPER, Anna Julia.
6) A VOICE FROM THE SOUTH. By A Black Woman of the South. Aldine Printing House. First edition,first issue,brown cloth,
gilt lettered on spine and front cover,top edge gilt,304pp. 1892 ￥ 180,000
DUNBAR, Paul Laurence
7) THE COMPLETE POEMS OF PAUL LAURENCE DUNBAR. With intro. by W.D.Howells. Dodd, Mead. First edition,
first issue,blue cloth,gilt lettered on spine and front cover,xxxii+289pp. 1913 ￥ 15,000
|8 9 10 11 12|
|DU BOIS, W. E. Burghardt
8) THE SOULS OF BLACK FOLK: Essays and Sketches. Archibald Constable. First UK.edition,black cloth,265pp,worn. 1905 ￥ 5,000
9) THE QUEST OF THE SILVER FLEECE. With Illus. by H.S.DeLay. Chicago:A.C.McClurg. First edition,first issue,blue cloth,
434pp. 1911 ￥ 15,000
10) DARKWATER: Voices from Within the Veil. Harcourt,Brace. First edition,first issue,black cloth,276pp. 1920 ￥ 5,000
CORROTHERS, James D.
11) THE BLACK CAT CLUB: Negro Himor and Folk-lore. Illus. by J.K.Bryans. Funk & Wagnalls. First edition,first issue,
red cloth,264pp. 1902 ￥ 5,000
GRIGGS, Sutton E.
12) THE HINDERED HAND: Or, The Reign of the Repressionist. Orion Publishing. Different edition,303pp,
wine red cloth,stamped in gold and white on cover and spine,with Faulkner's News Agency stamps. 1905 ￥ 9,000
|13 14 15 16|
|JOHNSON, James Weldon
13) FIFTY YEARS AND OTHER POEMS. With Intro. by B.Matthews. Cornhill. First edition,first issue,93pp. 1917 ￥ 5,000
14) THE BOOK OF AMERICAN NEGRO POETRY. Harcourt, Brace. First edition,first issue,217pp. 1922 ￥ 5,000
WASHINGTON, Booker T.
15) UP FROM SLAVERY: An Autobiography. Doubleday, Page. First edition,first issue,red cloth,330pp. 1901 ￥ 15,000
16) COPPER SUN. With decorations by Charles Cullen. Harper. First edition,first issue,Harper code "G-B". 1927 ￥ 15,000
|JAMES, Grace GOBLE, Warwick(Illus.)|
GREEN WILLOW AND OTHER JAPANESE FAIRY TALES.
London: Macmillan. With 40 Illustrations in Colour by Warwick Goble, First edition,original blue cloth,
gilt lettered on spine and front cover,viii+281pp+ii,4to,a clean copy. 1910 ￥ 45,000
|KINGSLEY, Charles GOBLE, Warwick(Illus.)|
THE WATER-BABIES: A Fairy Tale for a Land-Baby.
London: Macmillan. With 32 illustrations in Colour by Warwick Goble. First edition,original green cloth,
gilt lettered on spine and front cover,all edges gilt,4to,a clean copy. 1909 ￥ 45,000
WESTWARD HO ! :
Or, The Voyages and Adventures of Sir Amyas Leigh, Knight, of Borrough, in the County of Devon.
Macmillan. 3 vols.set. First edition,first printing, original blue cloth, gilt lettered on spines,
with a morocco slipcase, a good set. 1855 ￥ 250,000
THE POEMS OF MATTHEW ARNOLD 1840-1867.
LIntro.by A.Quiller-Couch. Oxford UP. Gilt decorated full green
morocco,all edges gilt,xxvii+460pp, fine copy. 1930 ￥ 15,000
ESSAYS IN CRITICISM. First Series,and Second Series.
2 vols,set. Macmillan. First edition,original brown and
blue cloth,xx+302+ii+vii+331+32pp, good set. 1865-88 ￥ 58,000
A DANCE TO THE MUSIC OF TIME.
London:Heinemann. 12 vols.set.
First edition,first printing,pictorial dust jacket,clean set. 1951-1975 ￥ 450,000
1) A QUESTION OF UPBRINGING. First edition,pictorial later dust jacket,
A presentation copy,7 lines inscribed and signed by Anthony Powell 1951
2) A BUYER'S MARKET. Later edition. 1976/ 3) THE ACCEPTANCE WORLD. 1955
4) AT LADY MOLLY'S. 1957/ 5) CASANOVA'S CHINESE RESTAURANT. 1960
6) THE KINDLY ONES. 1962/ 7) THE VALLEY OF BONES./ 8) THE SOLDIER'S ART. 1966
9) THE MILITARY PHILOSOPHERS. A presentation copy,signed by Anthony Powell. 1968/
10) BOOKS DO FURNISH A ROOM. A presentation copy,signed by Anthony Powell. 1971
11) TEMPORARY KINGS. 1973
12) HEARING SECRET HARMONIES. A presentation copy,signed by Anthony Powell. 1975
A PALE VIEW OF HILLS. 遠い山なみの光
London: Faber. First edition,first issue,pictorial dust jacket,light blue ribbed boards,
gilt lettered on spine,price £6.25.net on front flap,a good copy. 1982 ￥ 150,000
POEMS BY Mr.GRAY.
London: J.Dodsley. First edition,contemporary full
brown calf,120pp+one table of contents,
187x125mm,a clean copy. 1768 ￥ 120,000
Pall-Mall:Horace Walpole's Strawberry-Hill Press. First edition,first issue,
first issue points 'Ilissus' on page 8: 17, and with a comma after 'Swarm' on
page 16: 19, gilt decorated full dark blue morocco,21pp,folio,a fine copy.
1757 ￥ 450,000
THE LIFE AND ADVENTURES OF MARTIN CHUZZLEWIT.
With 41 Engraved Plates by Phiz. London:Chapman & Hall. First edition in book form,gilt decorated
full brown morocco,all edges gilt,xiv+(ii)+624pp,8vo,very attractive copy. 1844 ￥ 200,000
THE ADVENTURES OF ULYSSES.
London:Juvenile Library. First edition,engraved title and frontispiece by Heath after
Corbould,full green morocco,gilt decorated spine tooled in compartments,top edge gilt,
vi+203pp+ii,12mo,a good copy. 1808 [Roff 79p] ￥ 150,000
THE WORKS OF CHARLES LAMB.
London: C. & J. Ollier. 2 vols.set.
First edition,original dark green paper
boards,white paper label on spines,
a clean set. 1818 ￥ 120,000
THE ADVENTURES OF RODERICK RANDOM.
London: J. Osborn. 2 vols.set. First edition,contemporary full brown calf,
xxiii+324pp+xii+366pp,167x105mm,a clean set. 1748 ￥ 180,000
A SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY THROUGH FRANCE AND ITALY.
London:T. Becket & P. A. De Hondt. First edition,xx+203pp,[iii]+208pp,
157x103mm,contemporary full brown calf,gilt lettered on spines,
a clean.set, 1768 ￥ 380,000
THE WORKS OF LAURENCE STERNE:
With a Life of the Author,Written by Himself.
10 vols.set. (Complete) London:Johnson, et al.
With engraved frontispieces. First edition,contemporary
full green morocco,lettered in gilt,all edges marbled,
small 8vo,a clean set. 1798 ￥ 150,000
|SHELLEY, Percy Bysshe|
POEMS BY PERCY BYSSHE SHELLEY.
London: George Bell. Introduction by Walter Raleigh, with numerous illustrations by Robert Anning Bell. First edition,
full red calf,gilt decorated on spine and front cover,top edge gilt,other edges untrimmed,8vo,a fine copy. 1902 ￥ 45,000
TALES OF A TRAVELLER.
By Geoffrey Crayon. London: John Murray. 2 vols.set. First edition,half calf,gilt decorated spines,
marbled boards,xvi+364pp+vi+396pp,a clean set. 1824 ￥ 75,000
TALES OF A TRAVELLER.
By Geoffrey Crayon. NY:George P.Putnam. First illustrated edition,De Luxe bound,with 17 engraved plates
by F.O.C.Darley, gilt decorated full black morocco,all edges gilt,xi+456pp,with owner's
name,large 8vo,slightly spots on the text,otherwise a good copy. 1850 ￥ 65,000
|SYMONS, Arthur William|
AN AUTOGRAPH BY ARTHUR SYMONS.
The prose of 13 lines written in ink. Signed by Arthur Symons. 175x120mm. With framed and glazed. [n.d.]
アーサー・シモンズ肉筆散文詩ペン13行、サイン入、額付 ￥ 65,000
NY: Doubleday, Page. With a frontispiece portrait by M.Bone. First edition,limited to 377 numbered copies,
No,250,Signed by Joseph Conrad, Gilt decorated original pictorial boards, green dust jacket and tissue
dust jacket, publisher's slipcase,top edge gilt, a fine copy. 1923 ￥ 180,000
|NOTES ON MY BOOKS.
London: William Heinemann. First edition,limited to
255 numbered copies,No.146, Signed by Joseph
Conrad, original gray boards, white spine, all edges
untrimmed, a good copy. 1921 ￥ 48,000
| JOSEPH CONRAD'S LETTERS TO HIS WIFE.
London: Privately Printed. First edition,limited to
220 numbered copies,No.9, Signed by Joseph
Conrad, original dark blue morocco, top edge gilt,
a good copy. 1927 ￥ 35,000
BOOKS AND BOOKMEN.
London: Longmans, Green. First edition,large paper issue, limited to 100 numbered copies,No,7, Gilt decorated
brown morocco, bound by Taffin, with a "Thomas A Kempis, De Imitatione Christi"oroginal vellum leaf
(2 pages) ,top edge gilt, botton and fore edges untrimmed, a fine copy. 1886 ￥ 250,000
BALLADS AND NARRATIVE POEMS.
Kelmscott Press. Printed by William Morris. Published by Ellis & Elvey. Limmited to 310 paper copies,
out of a total edition of 316 copies,printed in red and black in Golden type,decorative woodcut borders
and initials,original full vellum covers and spine, original green silk ties,gilt lettered on spine,
(xii)+227pp+ix),155mm x 211mm,a good copy. 1893 [Peterson A20] ￥ 580,000
|THE PAGEANT 1896, 1897.
Ed.by C.H.Shannon and J.W.G.White. 2 vols.set. London:Henry. Titles and gilt dove design by Charles Rickets to upper boards, decorative
endpapers, designed by Lucian Pissarro. iIllustrated by Rosetti, Whistler, Millais, Conder, Savage, Watt, Housman, Moreau,
Burne-Jones, Campagnola, Crane, Ricketts, Pissaro. Literary contributions by Swinburne, Yeats, Beerbohm, and others.
First editions, original brown cloth gold stamps on covers and spines, slightly stained Vol.2.(1897),4to. 1896-97 ￥ 48,000
GRANDVILLE, J.J. グランヴィル挿絵 ｢動物の情景｣ 全2巻 初版 グランヴィル版画挿絵多数 大判
SCENES DE LA VIE PRIVEE ET PUBLIQUE DES ANIMAUX. Etudes de Moeurs contemporaines publiees sous la direction de M.P.-J.Stahl,
avec la collaboration de Balzac,L.Baude,E.de la Bedollierre, P.Bernard, J.Janin, Ed.Lemoine, Charles Nodier, George Sand. Paris:J.Hetzel.
2 vols.set. First edition,with 201 engraved plates and 120 engraved illustrations on the Text,Vol.1; contemporary half calf,marbled boards,
Vol.2; original half dark green calf,lettered in gilt,390pp+6pp+384pp,4to. 1842 ￥ 350,000
19世紀ロマン派を代表する挿絵画家J. J. グランヴィルの最高傑作といわれる豪華挿絵本。グランヴィルの多種多様に擬人化された動物画を主体に構成され、
EDWIN AND LUCY; Or, The Happy Orphans: An Authentic History; Containing The Uncommon Events and Surprising Turns
Events and Surprising Turns of Fortune Incident to Persons in High Life. [No Name] [No Date] London: J.Tallis. First edition,
contemporary half brown calf,marbled boards, lettered in gilt,284pp,8vo, with 5 engraved plates. ￥ 150,000
|HEMINGWAY, Ernest ⇒|
|MILTON, John ⇒|
|BLUNDEN, Edmund コレクション115点一括（明細はクリックしてください） ⇒|
|≪ Top page|